ilef.net Anasayfa İletişim Fakültesi Başsayfa ilef Ders Katalogu
2013-2014 Güz Yarıyılı TDİ-I ile YDİ-101 ve 201( İng.) Uzaktan Eğitim Derslerinin Ara Sınav Programı
ilef Lisans KataloğuPOLITICS II POL102
Program: Lisans Yıl: 1 Dönem: Bahar
Dersin Kodu: POL102
GZT: Zorunlu Kontenjan:
HİT: Zorunlu Kontenjan: 0
RTS: Zorunlu Kontenjan:
Diğer fakülteler için kontenjan:
Kredi: 3 ECTS Kredisi: 5
Ders saati: 2 Uygulama saati: 2
Öğretim Elemanı Dersin Amaçları
This course aims at familiarizing the students with the basic concepts of political science, such as politics, power, authority, state, government, ideology, legitimacy, political party, party systems, democracy, etc. It also aims at showing the relations of these concepts with the communication studies. This course also provides the students with an awareness of the embeddedness of politics in citizens's daily activities/lives. In so doing it aims at supporting students's civic education. Therefore, it is expected that a student who completed the course should have an ability to define basic concepts of political science, and to identify the rise and development of the modern state, and to explain the relation between the society and politics with a historical and sociological point of view.
First week : Introduction
Second week : Nations and Nationalism
Third week : Political Culture, Power, and Legitimacy
Fourth week : Political Culture, Power, and Legitimacy
Fifth week : Political ideologies
Sixth week : Political ideologies
Seventh and eight weeks: MID-TERM EXAMS
Ninth week : Representation, Elections, and Voting
Tenth week : Parties, Party Systems
Eleventh week: Bureaucracies
Twelfth week : Militaries and Police Forces
Thirteenth week : REVISION
- Andrew Heywood, Politics, selected sections.
- R. R. Palmer and Joel Colton, A History of the Modern World, New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1995) pp. 361-384; 403- 415; 453- 474; 484- 499; 533- 541.
- Norberto Bobbio, Democracy and Dictatorship: The Nature and Limits of State Power, trans. by Peter Kennealy, (Cambridge: Polity Press, 1989), pp. 69-132.
- David Held, "Central Perspectives on the Modern State", in David Held et al (Eds.), States and Societies (New York: New York University Press, 1983), pp. 1-55.
- Andrew Vincent, "The Nature of Ideology", in his Modern Political Ideologies (Cambridge: Basil Blackwell, 1992), pp. 1-21.
- Louis Althusser, "Ideology and Ideological State Apparatuses", in his Lenin and Philosophy and Other Essays, trans. by Ben Brewster, (London: NLB, 1977) pp. 123- 173.
- Andrew Vincent, "Liberalism" in his Modern Political Ideologies (Cambridge: Basil Blackwell, 1992), pp. 22- 54.
- Andrew Vincent, "Conservatism", in his Modern Political Ideologies (Cambridge: Basil Blackwell, 1992), pp. 55- 83.
- Andrew Vincent, "Socialism", in his Modern Political Ideologies (Cambridge: Basil Blackwell, 1992), pp. 84-113.
- Andrew Vincent, "Fascism", in his Modern Political Ideologies (Cambridge: Basil Blackwell, 1992), pp. 141- 171.
Ara sınav sayısı: 1